- What Forms of Payment does the kiosk accept?
- The kiosk accepts, cash, check, credit and pin-less debit cards.
- Is there a convenience fee to use the kiosk?
- Yes – Cash - $1.00, Check/Credit/Debit cards - $2.95
- When will a payment made at the kiosk be posted to my utility account?
- The payment should immediately post to your utility account.
- Can I pay other City of Lakeland services using the ExpressPay kiosks?
- The most likely non-utility account classifications to be paid via the Express Pay kiosk:
· Cemetery Sales – payments on cemetery plots purchases
· Cemetery Invoicing – Funeral Homes billed for Opening Grave and Lot Sales
· Miscellaneous AR (No Collection) - Costs incurred to the City of Lakeland due to vehicle accidents, Lien payoff fees, benefits billings and various services provided by different department throughout the City.
· Parking Lease – leasing of parking spaces downtown (this is not the same as parking citations)
· Risk Management – Mostly damage to City property
· Transmission and Distribution – Damage to City property due accidents
· Traffic - Damage to City property due traffic accidents
· Lakeland Police Department Security – Security for different events and businesses
- Where can I find an ExpressPay kiosk?
- Lakeland Electric Drive Through – 501 E. Lemon Street
- Town Center – 989 E. Memorial Blvd.
- Larry R Jackson Library – 1700 N. Florida Avenue
- Kelly Recreation Complex – 404 Imperial Blvd.
- When are the kiosks available for use to make a payment?
- The kiosk can be used 24-hours a day 365-days a year so you can make a payment at a location and time that is convenient for you.
- Does the machine give back change?
- No, any over payment will post to the utility account as a credit towards the next bill.
- Does the machine accept coins?
- No, the machine does not accept coins.
- When making cash payments, how many bills can I insert at a time?
- The bill accepter will only read one bill at a time so if you are making a large payment we suggest you use bill denominations of 20, 50, or 100 for the bulk of your payment and smaller denominations for the remainder. IE: $254.78 payment could be made using 2-$100-bills, 1-$50 and 1$5.
- Does the kiosk store any account or payment information?
- No, the kiosk uses a wireless connection to a secure cloud based system and no information is stored on the kiosk itself.
- What are my receipt options?
- The customer has a choice to receive a receipt via paper, text or e-mail.
- Can I pay more than one account at a time?
- No, each account payment must be separate transactions.
- Who can I contact if I have a problem with or have a question about the kiosk?
- Please contact customer service by phone at 863-834-9535 or via the email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Hours of operation are Monday – Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Is a payment drop-box still available for use?
- Yes, there is a payment drop-box at the Lakeland Electric drive through and all payments dropped in the box will post to the utility account on the next business day.
- What time are the drop-box payments picked up each day?
- At approximately 7:30 a.m. each business day. It is not recommended that customers use this method of payment if there are less than 48-hours from a pending disconnection of service.
- Can the bill reader detect counterfeit currency?
- Yes, the bill reader uses technology to detect fraudulent currency and will reject it.