Lakeland Electric is closely monitoring the COVID-19 pandemic. We are taking action to ensure the continuous delivery of energy to our customers while keeping the health and safety of our customers, employees, and community a top priority. We continue to look for ways to support our community during this pandemic.
What we are doing
- Customers may still call to set-up a Coronavirus Payment Plan for their outstanding balances.
- Service Disconnects for non-payment have resumed as of June 15.
- Suspended late fees and reconnect fees until March 31.
- Visitors must follow the City of Lakeland screening protocol and wear a mask.
- Visitors should call ahead to make an appointment.
- Employees will limit their contact through social distancing.
- Reducing direct customer contact.
- Canceled gatherings and events.
- All business-related travel has been suspended.
- Providing regular updates on our response to the pandemic on our website and social media channels.
A message to our customers
Dear Lakeland Electric Customers,
As Florida begins to re-open, all businesses are adjusting to new ways of operating within the new environment, Lakeland Electric is no exception. We continue to monitor the situation and implement plans ensuring safety for our employees, providing dependable power for our customers, and helping those who are having financial challenges during this crisis.
We know many of our customers are experiencing financial hardships because of the disruptions caused by the pandemic. That is why we have introduced the Coronavirus Payment Plan to give our customers who need it, time to get back on their feet. Customers who call to set up a payment plan by June 15 will have up to six months to pay their outstanding utility bill amount.
As a public power company, we are always focused on how we can support our community, particularly during difficult times. While life as we know it has temporarily changed, we're here to help you get through this. We took the unprecedented step of temporarily reducing the fuel rate by 26% on your bills through June. We are giving customers who call us to set-up a plan extra time to make your bill current. We are here to serve you, our valued customers, and thank you for the privilege of allowing us to do it.
Be Aware of Scams
Scammers take advantage of the vulnerable during times of crisis. Be alert for increased scam activity. We will never demand immediate payment or request a specific payment method, such as a prepaid debit or credit card to avoid service disruption. When in doubt, hang up and call us directly at (863) 834-9535 to verify your account status.
Having trouble paying your bill?
If you are having trouble paying your utility bill, please call us at 863-834-9535 to see what programs may be beneficial. We encourage you to monitor your bill and practice energy efficiency so you can avoid building large balances to face in the future. For tips on ways to save visit lakelandelectric.com/EnergyToolset
Do you need payment assistance?
One of these organizations may be able to help.