Lakeland Electric is closely monitoring the COVID-19 pandemic. We are taking action to ensure the continuous delivery of energy to our customers while keeping the health and safety of our customers, employees, and community a top priority. We continue to look for ways to support our community during this pandemic.
What we are doing
- Suspended service disconnects for non-payment until further notice.
- Suspended late fees until further notice.
- Closed lobby and drop-box until April 30 when we will re-evaluate.
- Should essential service need to be performed in your area, employees will limit their contact through social distancing.
- Reducing direct customer contact.
- Suspended Home Energy Audits.
- Canceled gatherings and events.
- All business-related travel has been suspended.
- Employees who are able are telecommunting.
- Providing regular updates on our response to the pandemic on our website and social media channels.
A message to our customers
Dear Lakeland Electric Customers,
We know you count on us to deliver dependable electric service no matter what, and we take that responsibility very seriously. We are closely monitoring the COVID-19 pandemic and taking proactive steps to minimize and slow the spread of the virus to our employees and customers. We don’t yet know all the impacts of COVID-19, but we have put plans in place to ensure the continuation of operations and service.
- Suspended service disconnects for non-payment until further notice will begin suspending late fees on March 25, because we know many of our customers are experiencing financial hardships.
- Taken steps to minimize the spread of the virus to our customers and employees, including closing our lobby, drop-box, and reducing customer contact.
- Focused on scammers looking to take advantage of this crisis. Lakeland Electric will never call you to demand payment or ask for your personal information. When in doubt, hang up and call us directly at (863) 834-9535.
- Continued to look for ways to support our community during this pandemic.
I am certain our customers and employees will rise to whatever challenge is ahead of us. I have seen it time and time again as we’ve come together following hurricanes and tornadoes. Though this crisis is different, I know the strength of our community will be just as strong.
We are committed to doing what we can to help our customers and employees during this uncertain period, and we continue to look for ways to support our community during this pandemic.
We are providing updates on our website and social media pages as we react to this evolving situation.
Rest assured, we will continue to make decisions that prioritize dependable service and the health and safety of our customers, employees, and community.
Be Aware of Scams
Scammers take advantage of the vulnerable during times of crisis. Be alert for increased scam activity. We will never demand immediate payment or request a specific payment method, such as a prepaid debit or credit card to avoid service disruption. When in doubt, hang up and call us directly at (863) 834-9535 to verify your account status. Please know we have suspended disconnections for non-payment.
Having trouble paying your bill?
If you are having trouble paying your utility bill, please call us at 863-834-9535 or email us at email@example.com to see what programs may be beneficial. We encourage you to monitor your bill and practice energy efficiency so you can avoid building large balances to face in the future. For tips on ways to save visit lakelandelectric.com/EnergyToolset
Do you need payment assistance?
One of these organizations may be able to help.