Lakeland Electric is offering an appliance rebate to their residential customers who purchase a qualifying Energy Star© appliance as listed below.
Qualifying Energy Star© appliances:
- Refrigerator $200*†
- Dishwasher $150*†
- Clothes Washer $150*†
- Clothes Dryer $150*†
- Freezer $40*†
- Pool Pump $350*
- Water Heater (Heat pump only) $700*
- Hot Water Heater Timer $50*
- WI-FI Thermostat $100*
- Energy Monitoring Device $100*
*Rebates will appear as a credit on your utility bill and may take up to 30 days to process.
†Rebate funding for these items not available until 10/01/23.
Rebate Amounts: $40 - $700 depending on the type of Energy Star© appliance purchased.
Eligible Participants: Current residential Lakeland Electric Customers.
How to Participate: After making a qualified purchase, download the rebate form, print, fill out all information, and send it to: (a copy of the receipt must be included & show brand & model number)
E-mail it to:
Or mail it to:
Energy Efficiency Programs/Andrea Scott
501 E Lemon St
Lakeland, FL 33801
Other conditions and requirements:
- Rebates are subject to change without notice and are subject to approval.
- The equipment must be installed in a permanent residence receiving Lakeland Electric residential electric service.
- To be eligible for rebates, purchased equipment must be Energy Star© qualified and currently listed on the Energy Star website - http://www.energystar.gov/products
- Refrigerators or freezers must be full-sized as defined by Energy Star (7.75 cubic feet or greater volume).
- Rebate applications must be received within 90 days of the appliance purchase date.
- Rebates cannot exceed the total installed cost for the appliance(s), which must be new appliances, not used.
- For a rebate to be applied, the brand and model number of equipment must show on the receipt and accompany the application.
- Applications must be completed entirely for rebates to be applied.
- Rebates will not be paid to the equipment vendor or the installation contractor.
Call Customer Service at 863-834-9535
Rebate funding for the HVAC Annual Maintenance Rebate is not available until 10/01/23
Annual inspections and maintenance of heating and cooling systems not only ensure proper and efficient operations, but also help prevent untimely breakdowns. This rebate is available as an annual offer to residential customers that have completed a preseason heating and cooling system tune-up by a licensed HVAC contractor. This rebate is in effect as of June 27, 2022. Services that must be completed to qualify for the rebate:
- Check refrigerant level
- Check thermostat
- Check for leaks in the ductwork
- Check and clean condenser and evaporator coils
- Check fans for tightness and cleanliness
- Lubricate fan motors
- Check controls
- Check voltage and amperage
- Valid on central electric heating and cooling units
- Limit to a one-time, one rebate, per central unit, per household annually
- You must provide a receipt of the service performed with your Lakeland Electric account number
- The rebate will be in the amount of the maintenance inspection up to a maximum of $100.00.
Receipts are to be sent by email or mail to the following:
Call (863) 834-9535 for more information.
Lakeland Electric offers a $300 rebate to residential customers that upgrade attic insulation. Customers must have an inspection done by Lakeland Electric before installing additional insulation. A Lakeland Electric Energy Analyst will inspect attic insulation and issue the rebate certificate. The amount of insulation (R value) to be added will be stated on the certificate. The customer can use any of the insulation contractors in our area or self-install. The rebate is available for customers that have an R-19 or less, and the total R-value achieved must be R-30 or greater to qualify.
Please call (863) 834-9535 to schedule an appointment for an insulation audit.
Energy Analysts will issue rebate certificates to qualifying customers along with a list of insulation contractors. If the customer chooses to add insulation, the contractors will accept the certificate as a $300 payment. The contractors will mail or fax the redeemed certificates to Lakeland Electric monthly. Lakeland Electric will pay the contractors $300 for each certificate returned. The payment will be processed by Energy and Business Services and sent to Revenue Management for payment. The Energy Analysts will inspect a minimum of 10% of the completed installations. If the customer installs the insulation, the Energy Analyst will inspect, get the certificate from the homeowner, and a copy of the receipt. Payment will then be made to the customer and may take up to 30 days to process.
- Must be a Lakeland Electric customer
- Valid for existing single-family homes (not new construction) with whole-house air-conditioning and/or electric heat.
- Rebate for attic insulation only
- Rebates are subject to approval and contingent upon fund availability
- Rebates are subject to change without notice
- Limit one (1) insulation rebate per location
Rebate funding for the Energy Efficient Heat Pump Rebate is not available until 10/01/23
Rebate Funding for the Energy Efficient Heat Pump is not available until 10/01/2023
Lakeland Electric will be offering a rebate to their residential customers to replace their current HVAC system with an energy-efficient heat pump. The Lakeland Electric Heating and Cooling Rebate will be in the amount of $500. The replacement system must meet our criteria, as listed below. This rebate is in effect as of June 27, 2022.
Equipment Specification Requirements
- A minimum of 16-SEER or 15.2 SEER2 for heat pumps. $500
- SEER 16 or 15.2 SEER2 or higher Straight AC units with a gas furnace. $500
- STRAIGHT COOL WITH ELECTRIC RESISTANCE HEATING DOES NOT QUALIFY
- The maximum supplemental electric resistance heating with a heat pump should not exceed two (2) kilowatts (kW) per nominal ton.
- On a heat pump system of less than 2.5 tons, a 5 kW heat strip is acceptable.
- Heat Pump Mini Splits 16 SEER or 15.2 SEER2 or greater - $150 (per condensing unit outside)*
*Per replacement of central unit per location maximum of two units at $150 per unit. Based on number of condensing units
- A licensed HVAC contractor must complete the installation.
- The customer must submit a copy of the receipt listing the model number and SEER of the unit installed with the AHRI certificate.
- Customer should provide their Lakeland Electric account number and address.
- A copy of the receipt can be scanned and emailed to: LeRebates@lakelandelectric.com or mailed:
Energy and Business Services Attention:
Heating/Cooling Rebate, LE Rebates
501 E. Lemon St.
Lakeland, FL 33801
*If emailed, the subject line should read: Lakeland Electric Heating & Cooling Rebate.
- Email should also include the customers' names and account numbers.
- The rebate will be applied as a credit to the customer's account. Upon receiving the receipt from the customer, the rebate will be applied within 30 days.
- Limit to one (1) rebate per central unit, per location.
Rebate funding for the Duct Seal Rebate is not available until 10/01/23
Lakeland Electric offers a $300 rebate to residential customers to seal their ductwork (in unconditioned space) with metal tape and mastic. Customers must have an inspection done by Lakeland Electric before the duct sealing takes place. At this point, the Energy Analysts will inspect the duct system for visible leaks and issue the rebate certificate. The customer can use any of the licensed HVAC contractors in our area. All ducts must be sealed with metal tape and mastic.
Please call 863-834-9535 to schedule an appointment.